Saturday 26 February 2011

Latest news....

Hi ya'll

Been so wet in the garden this week I am now massivley behind in the turning soil stakes and am starting to panic slighlty about how/when this is going to get done..... I did venture out the other day and stood in my wellies to start but sank into the ground it was soooo muddy!!!

In other news we now have herbs..... no not the smoking kind, but the cookery kind!!!  First shoots have started to appear in my makeshift mini greenhouses (read: takeaway containers!)........



So im dead chuffed with the fact that I, have managed to grow something!!!!  (yeah I know.... start small aim high!!!)  The kids were more impressed until Dan said "but cant you just BUY them Mum???"  Bloody kids............................ha ha.

Spoke to my Mum about veggies and it turns out that she is the fountain of knowledge when it comes to growing and knew all about male/female cucumbers!!!!  So from now on Ill be text/ringing/bugging the hell out of Ma for info :)  (regretting it now arent you Mother?!?!!!) ha ha.  Also went to the library and took out a rather good book on month to month jobs to do in an allotment.  Turns out I should be out there everyday now doing something.  Ooops!  But my wonderful other half is now re-hiring the rotorvator for next weekend so we can crack on and section off veggie plot!!!

Keep you all posted throughout the week!!

Loves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment