Friday 11 March 2011

Who needs the Gym???

Work has commenced!!!  We have now sectioned off an area of where the veggie plot is going to be.... thanks to the sunshine yesterday, Lee and I have started to dig over the plot ready for potatos and onion planting next week......

We decided to have a good sized space where we could fit about 12 full rows in then split down the middle with a small path and have 24 smaller rows.  The front section will stay as one big bit and have potatos and onions in!!!  Very excited......

I like to call this next picture "Genius at Work" (actually Lee informed me that Id not been in any of the pictures yet and it seemed like I was just being lazy and getting him to do all the work whilst i "take pictures for my blog"......... not much gets passed him!!)

Anyway after half an hour of back braking digging id got this far...............


Yeah so not very far but digging is hard!!!! :(
*disclaimer* I had ALOT of layers on as it was freezing........

Eventually, I'd (Lee) had got over half done and after much bending down and picking up bloody roots, stones, glass (?) and other things we mucked out the chooks and piled on the poo...... (leaving a space for potatos at the front with no poo on because you cant grow spuds in poo..... yeah ive been reading !!!!!)


The chooks have multiplied overnight and we now have 12 of them........ this helps with the poo and the worm to soil ratio which is all good, but Lee decided they needed another house.  I compromised (sulked) and got him to build a run to put on it for when I start planting so the chooks dont eat the goods!!! 

The run is a work in progress!!!! But they seem to like their new bachorlette pad!!!

Woke up to some lovely herb news this morning..... ( I feel like there should be some kind of news reader type music inserted here so feel free to bom bom boaaam with me!!!)


My first baby corriander leaf has appeared!!!!  Im very proud of this and am expecting more any time soon :) The parsley is looking good too so pics over the weekend to show this!

Anyway, seeing as Im aching for England today (Ive remebered ive got backs of my legs!!) im off for a cuppa and to watch the chooks dig the garden for me!!!  Updates soon.

Loves xx

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, and yeah no need for a gym when you garden - you find muscles you never knew were there, and aches afterwards too!

    Look forward to following your progress x
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I know that feeling. It is so easy to forget time out there - you remember the next day though!
    Looking good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete